Whether we like it or not, people form an impression of you in a split second. It happens subconsciously, and that first impression is hard to change. That’s why a great head shot is a critical first step in connecting with your clients.
Gravity Photo has spent years studying the psychology of visualization, and we use every possible advantage to actually communicate the message you want to send to your client. We have conversations with you to really understand your business, your clients, how you plan to use your photographs and what makes you and your business stand out. We then use posing, lighting, color, wardrobe and setting combined with a fun, relaxed session to create work that serves your business best.
There are five major areas that separate a good portrait of you from an effective head shot:
- It actually looks like you. Almost everyone thinks they used to look better than they do now, but for clients, what matters is creating a real connection with you. There are beautiful things about everyone at every stage of life, so embrace the real you—because that’s exactly what your clients will do too! If you have a new hairstyle or color, have gained or lost weight, or if your head shot is more than a couple of years old, we recommend getting a new one.
- It communicates an important feeling about your business. Once we understand your target market and marketing approach, we can define the key feeling people should have when they work with you and bring that out in your photographs. This is why having several different photographs for different purposes is a great idea. For some businesses, relatability is key; for other is might be authority or approachability. Each feeling is reinforced through all the photographic tools we have.
- It attracts attention. We don’t recommend black and white head shots for most clients, as the lack of color can keep your photograph from being noticed. But by using the colors of your business or brand and by carefully choosing the right wardrobe and lighting, we can create a head shot with impact.
- It communicates your personality. We ask a lot of questions about who you are and how that relates to your business life. Sometimes that means we also photograph your family or partner. Sometimes it means bringing out the real you during your session. But a good smile is never enough.
- It speaks to your audience. All marketing is communication, so understanding your target market and ideal client avatar allows us to coordinate everything about you with everything your business needs to say to your current and future clientele.
With so many great people seeking jobs right now, we’ve created a special offer to help you find your dream job: For every head shot you purchase from your session, you get a second one free! Just fill out the contact form and we’ll be in touch with details! Or give us a call at 608-620-8304.